This year the festival will be a little bit different. We will be operating in a Covid safe way and have some new measures across our events and venues, if you are attending in person.
In the week before Piping Live!, The National Piping Centre venue will under go a full Micro-shield treatment, which lasts for 2 full weeks to help stop surface transference of the virus.
Within The National Piping Centre Auditorium, the capactiy has been calculated on 1m physical distancing between all seats, in accordance with the Level 0 guidance in place in Scotland from Monday 19th July.
Throughout your visit to The National Piping Centre for Piping Live! we have put in a number of measures across the building to help keep you safe. These are:
- Hand sanitizing stations on every floor available for use
- A one way system is in operation through the building to help minimise contact areas
- Regular cleaning will take place of high contact point areas
- There is clear signage to guide you safely around the building
- changes to toilets to ensure social distancing
- We will check event tickets outside the front door to avoid congestion within the building
- All drinks service across the venue will be table service, with contactless or card payment preferred.
- Capacities will be clearly indicated at the door. They have been determined in line with regulations and to ensure you can enjoy a relaxed, uncrowded visit. If you find the venue is at capacity, we ask you to queue patiently in a socially distanced manner until we are able to let you enter.
There are a few things that Piping Live! would ask you to do before/during your attendance at Piping Live!
- Wear a face covering entering, exiting and moving around the building, so any time you aren't seated, please wear your face covering, unless you are medically exempt.
- You will be asked to leave the Auditorium at the end of each session. This allows for cleaning to be carried out in between events. Please exit using hte one way system as directed by the festival team.
- Be mindful of keeping at least 1m distance between yourself and anyone who isnt a member of your household/bubble
- Please do not move the chairs in the NPC Auditorium, as these have been spaced to keep 1m distance.
- You will be asked to "check in" using the test and protect QR code. There will be a QR code to scan which shares your data with the NHS Track and Trace programme, or if preferred it can be taken manually.
- We ask you to travel light and keep all your belongings with you as there will not be cloakroom facilities. Prams and buggies remain welcome.
- We would encourage you to use the free Lateral Flow Tests that you can get from the Scottish Government, on the day of attendance, and taking 2 (one a few days before and one day of) would be even better. This is not a requirement of attendance, but we would encourage it. You can order these tests online here.
We have also asked our contractors and artists to follow these rules, arrive at staggered times and wear face coverings as well, so you can be assured we are taking the safety of everyone who attend PIping Live! 2021 very seriously.
We will continue to monitor opening times, ticketing and safety measures and will update this website with any changes to the festival.
If you or someone you know is experiencing Coronavirus Symptoms:
Stay at home if you’re experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 (these are listed on the NHS Inform Website) or if you’ve recently been in contact with someone who has Covid-19.
If you are unable to use your tickets because you are unwell please refer to information in your ticket confirmation to find out more.
Please help us to keep everyone safe by following these measures:
- Use the hand sanitisers as you enter the building
- Wear a face covering at all times indoors
- Follow our directional signage
- Keep a safe distance between yourself, staff and other visitors not in your household/bubble
Everyone needs to wear a face covering as a condition of entry. Certain people are exempt from wearing a face covering and more information can be found here.
Glasgow International Piping Festival - Piping Live! is working within the Scottish Government Level 0 COVID Safety Guidance for events as set in place from Monday 19th July.
We hope that you can consider making a donation to PIping Live! to help keep Piping Live! coming back bigger and better!
Learn @ Live!
Make sure you are part of a week long piping event that makes Glasgow the centre of the world stage for piping brilliance.
Get all the news straight to your inbox by joining our mailing list!