Piping Live! will once again have a great programme of online events as part of the festival for 2023. With around 30 hours of content, you can watch the best solo piping, traditional music, Gaelic song and so much more, all from the comfort of your own home.
We have a new online viewing software for 2023, through The National Piping Centre channel, where you can subscribe and watch all the events we have online. This year, the events will be a mix of livestream and premiered events which will be recorded as live and broadcast after the event.
The events this year are:
- The Masters Solo Piping Competition on Monday 14th August - both events
- The Pipe Idol Grand Final on Thursday 17th August
- The Gordon Duncan Memorial Competition on Sunday 20th August
- Lunchtime Recital Tuesday - The Pipes of John MacColl (premiering at 6pm on Wednesday 16th August)
- Canntaireachd with Kim Carnie, Ailis Sutherland, Kathleen MacInnes and Brighde Chaimbeul (premiering at 7.30pm on Wednesday 16th August)
- Lunchtime Recital Wednesday - The Pipes of Hugh McCallum (premiering at 6.00pm on Thursday 17th August)
- Lunchtime Recital Thursday - The Pipes of Gordon Duncan (premiering at 6.00pm on Friday 18th August)
- The LBPS presents inB (premiering at 7.30pm on Thursday 17th August)
- Friday Night Folk featuring Project SMOK and The Eryn Rae Band (premiering at 7.30pm on Tuesday 22nd August)
- The Closing Concert with The Ross Ainslie and Ali Hutton Band and Jarlath Henderson and Innes Watson (premiering on Monday 21st August at 7.30pm)
You can buy a Piping Live! Online Festival Pass for £55, which lets you watch all live and premiering events across the week, or each concert is individually available to purchase. You can rewatch all these events until 12noon on Monday 28th August.
All times stated are in BST UK time.
For online tickets, click here: https://thenationalpipingcentre.vhx.tv
We hope that you can consider making a donation to help keep Piping Live! coming back bigger and better!
Get all the news straight to your inbox by joining our mailing list!