Piping Live! is part of the work of The National Piping Centre, the world’s centre for excellence in bagpipes. The festival was originally set up as a wholly owned subsidiary company of The National Piping Centre with its own charitable status and accounting process. In 2023, the festival was merged into The NPC’s main charity.
Piping Live! is funded through public sector support together with financial contributions secured from commercial sponsors and partners, Glasgow International Piping Festival – Piping Live! is one of Glasgow and Scotland’s biggest annual summer events.
The organising team are:
- Finlay MacDonald – Artistic Director
- John Mulhearn – Artistic Programming
- Helen Urquhart – Marketing Manager and Producer
- Natalie Davidson – Hospitality Manager
- Jennifer McGlone – Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Paul Jennings - Digital Content Producer
- David Hill - Marketing Assistant
- Steven McCusker - Volunteer Manager
The National Piping Centre board members are:
- Chair - Sir Brian Ivory
- Chair - Lady Ivory
- Kirsteen McCue
- Fraser Morrison
- Allan Ramsay
- Colin MacNeill
We hope that you can consider making a donation to help keep Piping Live! coming back bigger and better!
Get all the news straight to your inbox by joining our mailing list!